You will hear the ingredients for three recipes. Listen and write down the amounts needed. Use these abbreviations:
g = grams
kg = kilograms
l = litre(s)
tsp = teaspoon(s)
tbsp = tablespoon(s)
1 800g beef
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 ½ tbsp curry powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 6 eggs
200 sliced onions
½ l cream
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
3 1 kg chicken
¼ l read wine
A Now you’ll need about 800 grams of beef.
A Then 250 grams of chopped onions.
B Yes, and how much tomato purée?
A About three tablespoons is enough. Then you’ll need some curry powder. I use about one and a half tablespoons.
B Fine. What about salt and pepper?
A Use about half a teaspoon of salt and about a quarter of a teaspoon of pepper.
A How many eggs do I need?
B About half a dozen.
A Fine. And then what?
B About 200 grams of sliced onions. And about 250 grams of mushrooms.
A 200 grams of sliced onions and 250 grams of mushrooms.
B Yes. And half a litre of cream.
B Half a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper.
A Yes. And what about the cheese?
B Oh, yes. It takes about 175 grams of cheese.
A Now start with about a kilo of chicken.
A And about 250 grams of small onions.
B Fine. What next?
A Then you’ll need about 150 grams of chopped bacon.
B About 150 grams.
A Then about a quarter of a litre of red wine.
B A quarter of a litre. And how much flour?
A You’ll need about 75 grams.
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – Have you ever …?
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – Going for it!
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – What are you up to?
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – Life in the city
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – Love it or hate it!
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – Remember when…