You will hear sentences containing the phrase ‘a’ or ‘the’. Listen and tick the one you hear.
1 ◻a cauliflower ◻the cauliflower
2 ◻a grapefruit ◻the grapefruit
3 ◻a cabbage ◻the cabbage
4 ◻a salmon ◻the salmon
5 ◻a lobster ◻the lobster
6 ◻a pineapple ◻the pineapple
7 ◻a cucumber ◻the cucumber
1 the 2 a 3 the 4 a 5 a 6 the 7 a
1 Could you pass me the cauliflower?
2 Did you buy a grapefruit?
3 Would you cut up the cabbage, please?
4 Is that a salmon?
5 How much is a lobster?
6 Do you need the pineapple?
7 Please cut up a cucumber for me.
Tim is going to the supermarket. Listen and tick the things he needs to buy.
broccoli / rice / onions / bread / lamb
1 I’d better get some broccoli today.
2 I don’t think I need to get any more cabbage.
3 I ought to get some rice, I suppose.
4 I won’t need to get any sweetcorn this week.
5 We certainly need some more onions.
6 We do need some more bread.
7 We’ve still got plenty of cucumber.
8 I’ll try to find some fresh lamb.
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – Have you ever …?
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – Going for it!
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – What are you up to?
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – Life in the city
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – Love it or hate it!
- Practice English Listening A1 Exercises – Remember when…